Install Based on K3s
This document is suitable for users who are familiar with k3s. The method of installing Kato based on k3s is suitable for quickly understanding the features of Kato, and the production environment is recommended based on k8s high availability installation
k3s is a fully compatible Kubernetes release with the following changes:
- Removed outdated features, Alpha features, and non-default features, which are no longer available in most Kubernetes clusters.
- Deleted the built-in plugins (such as cloud provider plugins and storage plugins) and replace them with external plugins.
- Add SQLite3 as the default data store. etcd3 is still available, but not the default.
- Included in a simple startup program that can handle complex TLS and other options.
- There is almost no operating system dependency (only a stable kernel and cgroup mount are required). The dependencies required by the k3s package:
- Host system service (iptables, socat, etc)
- Install Docker. If it is already installed, please skip:
curl https://gitlab.com/gridworkz/install_docker | bash
Start Installing K3s
- Install the
v1.18.13-k3s1version of k3s, please refer to k3s[official website] for more details(www.rancher.com)
curl -sfL http://rancher-mirror.rancher.com/k3s/k3s-install.sh | INSTALL_K3S_MIRROR=cn INSTALL_K3S_EXEC="--docker --disable traefik" INSTALL_K3S_VERSION="v1.18.13-k3s1" sh -
–disable traefik : Do not install traefik (to avoid 80 443 being occupied)
–docker : Use docker, k3s uses containerd by default, kato does not support containerd temporarily
~/.kube/config, configure the
k3s kubeconfigfile, refer to official documentation for details
mkdir ~/.kube cp /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml ~/.kube/config
Reference Based on k8s minimal installation Continue to install helm and Kato.