This document defines the roadmap for Kato development. This document may not be updated in time, please follow the latest plan at Github
The latest version:
V5.3 Version Planning
- Added support component business-level monitoring visualization
- Component custom monitoring endpoint, supporting Prometheus specification.
- The component supports the installation of plug-ins to provide monitoring endpoints, such as Mysql, Redis, JVM, etc.
- Component custom business monitoring visualization view.
- The component supports automatic scaling based on custom business indicators.
- The application gateway supports the session keeping load balancing algorithm.
- The application supports switching service management modes.
- Built-in ServiceMesh mode
- Kubernetes native mode
- Istio mode
- Support installation of Helm application
- Application model is compatible with OAM model
- The application supports the release of OAM models to the component market
- Support to expand custom component types based on Operator.
- Built-in support for RDS cloud database component types.
V5.2 Version Planning
- The component persistent storage type supports extensions based on Kubernetes StorageClass.
- Support Ceph-RBD block storage
- Support GlusterFS independent file system storage
- Support Alibaba Cloud NAS independent storage and block devices
- Kubernetes default support version upgrade to Kubernetes 1.16
- The data center supports docking with installed Kubernetes clusters
- Application console view adjustment, support enterprise view, team view, application view and custom favorite view.
- Application gateway supports upstream dynamic update under TCP no reload mechanism.
- Added enterprise middle and Taiwan component library and service library management
- Newly added component library application information compilation and application classification.
- Added enterprise service management function, enterprise dimension visualization of business status.
- Support selecting target applications when the application is released.
- Application publishing supports publishing as a service.
V5.1 Version Planning
- Added automatic disk cleaning function for management node (cache mirror, cache data, etc.)
- Added automatic scaling of component instances (based on memory and CPU)
- Added OAuth2.0 (Github, Gitlab, Code Cloud) user system docking
- Added code repository docking function (Github, Gitlab, Code Cloud)
- Added Mysql database monitoring and Kubernetes monitoring data collection
- Added tenant deletion function, which automatically cleans up data after tenant deletion
- Support batch creation of components from JavaMaven multi-module source code
- The support service is based on the complete upgrade of the application market application
- The support service is based on the complete rollback of the application market after the application upgrade
- Support application complete upgrade based on application market application
- Support complete service life operation and attribute change operation recording and tracking
- Support the visual display and detailed query of service running instance information
- Support third-party component management integration
- Support internal service ServiceMesh architecture integration
- Support gateway integration
- Support discovery of third-party components based on Etcd
- Support health check and status maintenance of third-party components
- ServiceMesh support for Envoy XDS specification
- Support the control of component batch startup sequence when component batch operation
- Support real-time monitoring data of the access status of exposed domain names and components
- Support advanced configuration parameters of access strategy (timeout time, upload limit, etc.)
- Support multi-IP management function, TCP protocol supports selection of different IP addresses
- Revised the team overview to support more visualization of monitoring data
- Support the parameter setting of various languages
- Support cross-version application upgrades from the application market
- Support re-detection of component build source
Source Code Construction
- Support NodeJS front-end project source code construction
- Add support for Nginx for static language types
- Support UI settings of compilation parameters for each language
Installation & Basic Environment
- The default installed Docker version is upgraded to
- Support specifying an NFS Server address during installation