App Sharing and Publishing
The application market defines a standard cloud-native application model that supports large-scale distributed digital business systems. It can contain 1-N service components. The model includes each service component resource and configuration, plug-in resources and configuration, topology relationship, and deployment relationship. Wait. After meticulous production, you can publish and install with one click.
In Kato, components are the smallest service units that Kato can manage. Users can combine multiple components to form a complex business system. This business system can provide external services or be shared with other organizations for independent deployment. You can combine the entire business The system is packaged into a
Gridworkz Cloud Application, and the application is selected to be published to
Gridworkz Public Gridworkz Cloud. The shared application can be installed and deployed by the users of the team, company or gridworkz cloud with one-click to deploy a complete service system; sharing to different scopes has different visibility. The specific visible scope is as follows:
- Team: Only members of the current team are visible
- Company: visible to all members of the current enterprise
- Cloud application store: visible to all enterprises and users connected to the Gridworkz public cloud application store
We package the complete business solution integration in an
application into a
gridworkz application. After the successful release, other users can choose the method of
install from the application market when creating an application
one-click installation and deployment A complete service system realizes standardized one-key delivery and deployment.
It should be noted that the cross-data center application installation and delivery of Kato’s built-in application market belong to the enterprise version, and the open source version does not support it.
Application Release Process
Select the application you want to share, click
Tip: When publishing the application, the status of all components in the application must be running
Complete application information
Fill in basic application information
- Application template: the template of the application to be published
- Version number: application release version. When the same application is released multiple times, if the version number is the same, the published version of the application will be overwritten. If the version is different, it will be released as a new version.
- Version alias: application alias, such as
Advanced Edition, Junior Edition
- Version description: The description of the application, so that users can understand the role of the application.
Fill in the configuration information of each component
- Environment variable: Edit the default environment variable of the component, check
Can be modified, then other users can edit the value of this environment after installing this application, and vice versa.
- Scaling rules: Define the maximum and minimum number of nodes that the component can scale, and the node scaling step length, and the minimum installed memory limit.
- Connection information: usually password information will appear in the connection information. Kato provides the option of automatically generating the value of such variables.
Publish plug-in model information
The plug-in carried by its component in the application to be published
Submit posting task
After completing the application information, click
Submit to initiate a synchronization task. The cluster synchronizes data for each service in the application. If it is published to the
cloud application store, the data center will synchronize the image or source code package required by the application to the Gridworkz public repository, and save the application template data to the Console database and send it to the Gridworkz application store for storage. If it is published to
company, the image or source code package required by the application is synchronized to this cluster, and the template data of the application is saved in the Console database.
After all the components and plug-ins in the application have been synchronized, click
Confirm Release to complete the application release. After successful publishing, you can see your published applications under the corresponding scope in
Create --> Create Components Based on App Market under
Edit application release information
The application published to the cloud application market will automatically jump to the display page of the application after completing the publishing. You need to log in to the cloud market and edit the basic information of the application; or whether to deliver the application to other Kato users.